Can Cau Market hold on every Saturday from 6hours until midday. Can Cau Market is a small, but it is the place where you can encounter Flower H’mong, Phu La, Black Dao, Tay and Nung minorities in colorful costumes. The Flower Hmong minority is the most common here, and their colourful dresses makes is a beautiful sight. Set in the mountains near the Chinese border, Can Cau Market is the area where different minority groups in colorful dress exchange local items. You will spend the whole morning there then go to Bac Ha for lunch. Light trekking to nearby villages and visit the old castle of the former Hmong king are also highlights of trips.
When to go?
The best option is to take night trains from Hanoi to Lao Cai. From Lao Cai, we take approximately 2- hour drive to reach Can Cau Market.
- Tram Ton Pass
- Ta Van Village – A pure gem of Sapa
- The Nung and Tu Si house with tranditional baked clay roof tiles
- Beauty of mist in Ham Rong Mount
- Church singing in early spring in Ta Phin
- Sour noodle soup – Upland unique cuisine in Sapa
- Story about unique horse-drawn carriage in Bac Ha
- Bird Market in Muong Khuong village
- Plum flowers blossom in Bac Ha during February.
- Sapa Pau Play Day Cake
- Salmon in Sapa
- Bamboo cooked rice