Ta Phin Village is located in Ta Phin Commune, Sa Pa District, about 12km northeast of Sa Pa Town. The village is surrounded by mountains and owns spectacular rice terraces. The best time to visit Ta Phin is in late afternoon when tourists can enjoy amazing view of sunset over the village and the whole surrounding areas.
In Ta Phin Village there are two ethnic minorities living in harmony. They are the Red Dao, who make up the majority, and the Black Mong. It is the best for the tourists to distin-guish the difference in culture, way of living of ethnic minorities in Sapa.
A common sight in the village is to see the woman and the girls sitting together, gossiping and laughing, head down focused on a piece of indigo coloured cloth. They make their embroidery and brocade products that are sold and traded amongst the villages and visitors. The locals are friendly and will invite the tourists to go to their homes to show how they live and what they have.
Ta Phin Village now is also a famous destina-tion for trekking tours. Whether the tourists choose to stay overnight in the village or just visit for a day, the locals will be happy to organise a tour for them through the village. The tourists may meet locals working the field, see traditional housing, visit caves and medicine bath complex or go for a long walk through the rice paddies and mountain views.
- Ta Van Village – A pure gem of Sapa
- The Nung and Tu Si house with tranditional baked clay roof tiles
- Beauty of mist in Ham Rong Mount
- Church singing in early spring in Ta Phin
- Sour noodle soup – Upland unique cuisine in Sapa
- Story about unique horse-drawn carriage in Bac Ha
- Bird Market in Muong Khuong village
- Plum flowers blossom in Bac Ha during February.
- Sapa Pau Play Day Cake
- Salmon in Sapa
- Bamboo cooked rice
- The custom of marriage in Sapa Vietnam – H’Mong Ethnic Group ( Part 2)