Location: Sapa Market is in Sapa Town, Sapa District, Lao Cai Province.
Characteristics: This market of the H’Mong and Red Dao minorities takes place every Saturday night. The market is a place for trading and exchanging local goods and products, as well as a meeting place for young people who seek partners by singing love songs and playing pan-pipes and mouth organs.
When the sun goes down, the H’Mong and Red Dao boys and girls cluster together in groups of five to ten. Looking and smiling at each other, they sit side by side in the dim yellow light and sing and talk through the night. When they have met their soul mate, they exchange gifts and make plans to see each other again the following week.
This cultural activity has a long history and is still significant in the modern life of the minority people. The Sapa Market is an attractive place for visitors who are keen on exploring traditional cultures.
- Ta Van Village – A pure gem of Sapa
- The Nung and Tu Si house with tranditional baked clay roof tiles
- Beauty of mist in Ham Rong Mount
- Church singing in early spring in Ta Phin
- Sour noodle soup – Upland unique cuisine in Sapa
- Story about unique horse-drawn carriage in Bac Ha
- Bird Market in Muong Khuong village
- Plum flowers blossom in Bac Ha during February.
- Sapa Pau Play Day Cake
- Salmon in Sapa
- Bamboo cooked rice
- The custom of marriage in Sapa Vietnam – H’Mong Ethnic Group ( Part 2)